Saturday, August 19, 2006

turn the night into day
and moon into a sun
load the barrel and aim the trigger
hold ur hand steady and cock the gun

some nights i still lie awake
till the times that we used to talk until
late into the night
it'd be just me and you

those nights i stare at my phone
in front of my face
all ur messages and photos
long gone and erased
but im dying to get out of the memories in my head
they haunt and they stab
and im being chased
by the times we had way back when
i wiped ur tears
and held ur hand

when i promised i'd be always there
for everything she needs
chase her ghosts away
for her i'd bleed

i risked going back into battle
with these unhealed wounds
to which she promised would help heal
and soothe
a promise long forgotten
and shoved way back
and to me is the blame
because we forgot that

but today, right now
on all these nights
i hated the arguments
and all the fights
no im not regretting
whatever ive said
it just keeps playing in loops
repeating in my head

im figuring she's happy
and she's doing okay
despite her occasional bitchings
and how her teacher has been a pain today

so.. im over this
i think i am
kuz im thinking that this
has gone way outside its original plan


tell me people
what does it mean to really love someone
i say that even in this fickle world
it really can be done

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home